I did not experience any evidence of sun burn for weeks, as I began to do this daily. Soon enough, at about 1 month of consistent usage and daily sun exposure, I decided to put it to the ultimate test.
I, one of the palest people I know, went to the beach in Pottsville (Just north of Byron Bay) with no shirt and short shorts on, and played around for a good 20 mins to half an hour. No sunscreen, 11am-12noon sunlight, very strong UV rating, very clear and bright day.
When we returned home, my girlfriend said she felt exhausted and had elements of sunstroke. She has very olive skin, but had not used NIR/ Red light therapy as consistently as I at this point.
The real penny drop moment was when I said, without an ounce of dishonesty, “Babe, I did not wear any sunscreen today, not one drop”
Never in my life did I think that this would be possible. I had no burns, nor was my skin hot or flushed.
4. I am finding it easy to get and maintain the healthiest levels of vitamin D I have ever had in my life, and obviously many aches and pains are slowly but surely going away for good.
5. In general, I am getting bigger better results, from less time in the gym, and what’s more is they seem to hang around much longer.
6. My moods seem better after my sessions.
7. My sleep has improved dramatically.
8. My skin in general seems to require less if any moisturiser to look its best, I now only apply a light hemp oil 3 x a week. I used to moisturise 2 x a day for reference, on top of sunscreen!
9. My hair is growing back! Like any 30 year old man, I had started to notice the faintest signs of thinning hair. I thought, you know what? I have had a good run, and if that time has come, so be it!